It is obvious that hackers will target large corporations or government bodies to steal information and money. Currently, their focus has shifted towards hacking individuals and small businesses.
Unfortunately, for hackers bigger organisations hire professional cyber security services and have a good relationship with law enforcement. This lowers the odds of hacker’s success and increases the chances of getting caught and jailed.
With this new shift, it becomes extremely necessary that existing or new small business owners take help from professional cyber security services to protect their business from cyber attacks. However, there are several businesses that do not have the resources to expend
How small businesses can enhance their cyber security without paying a fortune
- Be aware that you are possible target
- Learn the basics of avoiding cyber-risky behaviour like clicking links in unforeseen emails or downloading videos from malevolent websites
- Give employees access to necessary information thing but not everything on the computer
- Create of-site and on-site backups regularly
- Store sensitive data in encrypted format
- Never share credentials
- Use appropriate password policy
- Social media policies need to be devised, implemented and enforced properly
- Use inexpensive security software
- Never store debit card PIN number or credit card codes
- Hire a security pro for assistance with designing and executing your move towards cyber safety measures.
- If internet access is provided to employees on their personal tablets or Smartphone implement it on separate network.
- If employers can use their personal devices to perform work-related activities then ensure that it is equipped with potent security.